Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby steps

I have tried things such as twitter and facebook over that past couple months to express my thoughts in little bite sized pieces..I have also kept an old deviant art account alive with a little bit of journal submitting there as well.


I need a central place to show off my WIP's and attempt to document my design process and inner thoughts so i've opened up this blog.

Below is a WIP lip sync animation I started a few weeks ago. The character included is one of the first comic characters I designed way back in middle school. her name, Kathy Katzu...is decidedly cheesy. Kathy apparently wants some chips from...an as of now undecided second character. the voice is provided by KidCoco.


Everytime I open flash I try to find more efficient ways of animating characters, and saving their parts for future use. The way I did this one was...quite a failure to be honest. The character's head is layered off in so many ways, that it's counter-productive. I wanted every bang of hair to move, along with her eyes, muzzle, and face paint. I can do this..but it takes so many clicks through so many groups that it's just a headache. I am better off going full frame by frame with what I'm doing here. My search for a perfect blend of frame by frame and grouped animation continues! stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment